Chris Reilly is our guest this week! Detroit in tha house!!!! DEEEE---TROIT!
We talk about the body, synesthesia, photogrammetry the difficulty of trying to re-invent our creative practice while also trying to reinvent ourselves. The hope is that both issues will sort of just fix the other. SPOILER ALERT: It doesn't really work, but it kind of works, or at least helps. And gentrification comes up. Gentrification always comes up... Welcome to late capitalism!
Speaking of gentrification, Rob uses an LCD projector as an old school opaque projector and also tries to upcycle your inbox.. so boojie. Chris sets his worries aloft. Will he go full Hindenburg or ride a unicorn off into space? Taylor goes full podcast inception. Stay tuned to see if the universe collapses in on itself!
Check out our project photos, videos and more at http://projects.opposablepodcast.com
Thanks to Nik, Adam, Luke and Kelly (http://kellymariemartin.com)! They're our top Patreon supporters! And props to Mike and Jen as well! Ya'll are great too! Join 'em at: https://www.patreon.com/opposablethumbs
- Chris Reilly
- EXOSKELETAL by EXOSKELETON
- Welcome to Open Library | Open Library
- Knolling - Wikipedia
- The American Boy's Handy Book: What to Do and How to Do It: Daniel Carter Beard: 9781586670658: Amazon.com: Books
- Syllabus: Notes from an Accidental Professor: Lynda Barry: 8601422245554: Amazon.com: Books
- Cartooning: Philosophy and Practice: Ivan Brunetti: 9780300170993: Amazon.com: Books
- Aquatint - Wikipedia
- (71) Maximus Ironthumper - YouTube - YouTube
- (71) Primitive Technology - YouTube - YouTube