No guest this week! Just Taylor and Rob going big and then going home and then maybe taking a nap or making a nice egg n' the hole.
A big thanks to Nhung Walsh for giving us our next challenge! You'll have to listen to find out what it is! Send us your challenge ideas to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or hit us up on Instagram at opposable_podcast. But they need to be a secret. Hrm. That seems like a problem. Hrm... Well... We're excited to see how you tackle that problem.
Johnny Depp shot Hunter S Thompson's ashes from cannon. Rob is sick again. We chat about green screens, beard grooming, beer making, Fusion 360, the ATtiny 85 microprocessor, and Generation X. Rob feels like the punk rock influence on culture is overestimated and also misguided. Taylor makes him feel better about it.
Taylor went full junk drawer this episode and made a surprisingly accurate instrument! Geographic coordinate conversion can be kinda off-putting at first but it gets quite interesting once you give it a chance!
Rob didn't read the directions and paid the price by spending hours doing a single task for very little result. But at least he got to put non-food items in the oven.
You can check out our projects at http://projects.opposablepodcast.com
Props to Nik, Walter, Federico, Kelly, Luke and Mike! They're our top Patreon supporters! Join 'em at: https://www.patreon.com/opposablethumbs
- Nhung Walsh (@nhungwalsh) | Twitter
- SIGGRAPH Asia 2018
- Johnny Depp spent $3m blasting Hunter S Thompson's ashes from cannon, ex-managers claim | Film | The Guardian
- NEW ALBUM & TOUR • RANCID
- Operation Ivy (band) - Wikipedia
- Geographic coordinate conversion - Wikipedia
- Navigation - Quadrant
- (61) RetroSnickers - YouTube - YouTube
- Amazon.com : Fisher Space Pen Trekker Space Pen, Matte Black (725B) : Fine Writing Instruments : Office Products
- Dymo Label Maker Stamper 1550 Tapewriter 2 Print Wheels | eBay
- Dymo Font | dafont.com
- Marine chronometer - Wikipedia
- Taylor Hokanson | Artist, Engineer, Educator, Tall
- Hermaphroditic Connectors | TE Connectivity
- Mathematically Correct Breakfast -- Linked Bagel Halves