No guest this week! Just Rob and Taylor going big and... then also going home.
Rob and Taylor dive in on relational aesthetics, branding and hoping the artist whose art you like isn't a giant butthole.
R. Kelly, Carl Andre and Henry Rollins walk into a bar... Which person's art do you choose to like? That's not a very good joke. And then we deep dive into electronics.
Taylor reaches the melting point!
Rob conjures triple five soulessness
Go see Taylor at the Hilton Bar in Manhattan! Whew! That was a lot of talking about electronics!
You can check out our projects at http://projects.opposablepodcast.com
Props to Blondihacks, Nik Kantar, Walter Kitundu, Federico Tobon, Kelly Martin, Luke Noonan, Mike Tully, Adam Mayer, David Bellhorn, Tim Sway and Charlene McBride! They're our top Patreon supporters! Join 'em at: https://www.patreon.com/opposablethumbs
- WTF is... Relational Aesthetics?
- Relational art - Wikipedia
- What is a Brand, Anyway?
- The puzzling death of controversial artist Ana Mendieta has long overshadowed her brilliant work
- Wearables by Bose – AR Audio Sunglasses
- Atari Punk Console Electronics Kit
- Stepped Tone Generator – top | Sockrotation
- CAA 2017, NYC | Taylor Hokanson
- Reflowing lead-free solder paste | Taylor Hokanson
- Amazon.com: The Three-Body Problem (9780765382030): Cixin Liu, Ken Liu: Books
- Why Marlon James Decided to Write an African “Game of Thrones” | The New Yorker
- Nancy Official Trailer #1 (2018) Andrea Riseborough, Steve Buscemi Thriller Movie HD - YouTube
- First Reformed | Official Trailer HD | A24 - YouTube