Rob and Taylor tackle the Marathon challenge! They dig into the complexities of data storage and archiving. We creative people who document our work in photos, videos, and text. It's a huge pile of digital stuff! We decided to converse three separate times as we tackled the worlds of atx, microatx, minitx, drive shucking, mdfind, RAID, NAS, DAS, VPN, and file recovery! Taylor got called a FIP.
You can check out our projects at http://projects.opposablepodcast.com
Props to Wesley Ellis, Blondihacks, Nik Kantar, Walter Kitundu, Federico Tobon, Kelly Martin, Luke Noonan, Mike Tully, Adam Mayer, David Bellhorn, Tim Sway and Charlene McBride! They're our top Patreon supporters! Join 'em at: https://www.patreon.com/opposablethumbs
- The Best NAS for Plex - QNAP
- TS-228A - Features | QNAP (US)
- How to Get Premium Hard Drives for Cheap by “Shucking” External Drives
- Amazon.com: QNAP TS-228A-US 2-bay NAS, ARM Quad-core 1.4GHz, 1GB DDR4 RAM, 3.5" SATA HDDs, 1xUSB3.0, 2xUSB2.0, 1x GbE LAN: Computers & Accessories
- The 3-2-1 Backup Rule – Data Protection Strategy
- Amazon.com: Mediasonic ProRaid USB 3.1 10Gbps 2 Bay 2.5” & 3.5” SATA Hard Drive Enclosure – USB 3.1 Gen 2 10Gbps / USB-C/USB Type C (HUR5-SU31C): Computers & Accessories
- It's A Digital Disease!
- GitHub - robdeadtech/giant-piles-of-data: Creative people have Giant Piles of Data